Below are some of the possibilities:
- Power Hour Homework Help – We have daily FREE tutoring for any of our members. If a child needs help in any subject, our learning center staff are there to help. Members can also participate in Indiana Kids, a program that provides tutoring, career exploration and education development to our members. Community volunteers are able to speak with our members about their careers and opportunities for their futures.
- Character and Good Citizenship Building – We strive to prepare our members for the future and we do that through programs like Money Matters and Keystone Club. Members are able to learn about social responsibility, balancing a checking account and overall life management.
- Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics Labs – Technology is the future and our members have endless opportunities inside our Clubs. From building robots to studying how plants grow through the live tower gardens, our members can experience first-hand how STEM impacts the world.
- Smart Girls Program – A health, fitness, prevention/education and self-esteem enhancement program for girls ages 8 -17. Encouraging young women to have healthy attitudes and lifestyles, Smart Girls helps them reach their full potential while providing group activities, field trips and mentoring opportunities with adult women.
- Passport 2 Manhood – A targeted effort that promotes and teaches responsibility in Club boys ages 8 -17. Concentrating on specific aspects of manhood through highly interactive activities that reinforce positive behavior, each Club member receives his own “passport” to underscore the notion that he is on an exciting personal journey of growth.
- Fine Arts Programming – In our art room, we do more than just draw. Our programs focus on fine arts, digital arts and all-around creativity. Every year, our Clubs hold the Fine Arts Exhibit and members artwork can advance to Regional and National levels. Clubs also run the ImageMakers program where members learn about photography, lighting and composition. Young minds are growing through creativity inside our Clubs.
- Digital Music Labs – In our music studio, members can learn to write music, use the software to record and mix music and produce a final song. From start to finish our members create their own music for the world to hear. Members can enter their music into the Digital Arts Festival and compete nationwide.
Does Your Organization Give Back?
Our Clubs work with several restaurants, businesses and community groups to raise funds and support our youth. There are many options to help through cause-related marketing. In all options, our Clubs help promote your business to drive traffic to you. Here are a few:
- Check-out Roundups: Ask your customers to round up their total and the change will be donated to the Clubs.
- A Percentage Back: Pick a day for a percentage of the profits to be donated back to the Clubs.
- Donations: Ask customers to make a direct donation to the Clubs when the check out.
- Holiday Giving: Does your company like to give back during the holidays? We have families who always need a little extra help for the holidays. Create a giving tree or shop directly for our members to put smiles on faces.
- AmazonSmile: Does your company purchase on Amazon? Don’t forget to use AmazonSmile and designate Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Northwest Indiana as your charity of choice.
Have other creative ways to give back? Let us know! We love fun and creative ways to drive people to your business while raising funds for our youth.
Contact Stephanie Hamilton at firstname.lastname@example.org or 219.764-CLUB